Sep 29, 2016

I would bark too if I could

Written last night:

I went out at noon. I was late. There is a noon concert every Wednesday at a church across from the Capitol. I love chamber music, so decided to see what this is like. Halfway there my friend Jennifer called, and I happened to be passing the Stanford mansion, so I sat on a park bench outside the big house, and we talked awhile. A talk with a friend is the best chamber music! 

Then I walked to the Post Office. By the time I got home it was 1:30 more or less and what should I see but a white envelope stuck in my door. “Is this about you?” I asked Zing. Yes, it was. The note was typed and anonymous by someone who has heard too much of Zing barking.  I think it’s from the man across the hall, since he looked down at the floor when I said hi to him, and I have met everyone else on the floor. (It goes back to my old journalism days --I don’t like anonymous notes, and we were advised then to disregard them.) But I knocked on the door across the hall. No one answered. 

So I researched collars that (gently?) shock dogs when they bark, and those that emit a citronella smell, and I got confused about what works. Then I made an appointment with the vet, and another with Cassie, the friendly dog-lover who runs Midtown Mutts. I decided to get more information from them before getting a training collar for Zing. 

Strangely, I am not nervous about what’s going to happen. I’m gathering information and proceeding. I wanted to tell him that. I feel for the guy. I hate barking dogs too. Zing has told me he’s had a lot of stress and change lately. We’ll figure this out. 

Love,

k


2 comments:

P.D. Crumbaker said...

You've done much figuring out of late, and done it well. I cheered when Rosa met her citizenship requirements.

Dianne

Kathleen said...

Rosa chuckled when she read this, Dianne!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.