Sep 28, 2016

Rosa's legal!

Written last night:

Rosa is a registered Californian! I got her license plates and registration this afternoon, so she’s legal. Patrick and Steph, you were right! It was easy, as long as I had the papers and the money! I got in and out in a flash. What a relief! A couple of weeks ago I was so traumatized that I simply could not imagine doing this. And then today I looked around at all the people in the big (ugly) waiting room. Probably half of them were traumatized too. 

And yesterday I got my voter’s ID in the mail. I was worried there’d been a glitch (The election is rigged!), but once more I’d been fidgeting unnecessarily.

Seems like I'm on a roll toward normal … still, a couple of times today I  cried without notice: when setting up bill-pay for electric service (the woman on the phone was so kind.) and then on the elevator, after I’d held the door to wait for a man who seemed burdened. He carried many heavy bags. Turns out he was cleaning out the home of his sister, who had just died. He had my sympathy.

And, of course,  something else had to break today. If a thing breaks, then you get to know it well. Like people. Otherwise you take stuff for granted. Today it was the WiFi. Don’t ask me why. (Is that a poem?) Grrrrr! Its lights were flashing as they should (I thought), but still I couldn’t connect. I really wanted to hear the radio commentary on last night’s debate. I was determined to get the thing fixed (and also prove I know my way to the big box stores), so I headed right out to Xfinity, to make sure I’d paid my bill (Can’t ever reach one of the comcast/Xfinity people on the phone), but all the man did was try to sell me more service. He did think that since the lights were flashing on my box at home there was little he could do to help. So I headed over to Best Buy, where the Geek Squad kind of helped. I mean, my phone and iPad  worked there but didn’t work when I got home. Frustration! Why must I learn all this stuff??  Then I remembered what Clark said whenever our internet service blanked out: turn the box off and then on again. I did and it worked! Thank you, Clark! But why didn’t you remind me before I impetuously ran to those stores? 

Love,
k

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Enjoying each and every post as you make your way through. Help comes in all forms.

http://ten-minutetake.blogspot.com/search?q=adult#!/2013/05/answers-to-prayers-and-this-and-that.html
dc

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.