Oct 2, 2013

Photo class: Making background blurred or detailed


Who dares call this butterfly common?
Upside down on the cardinal guard plant in our backyard
Shallow depth of field achieved through wide aperture and luck

Fast shutter speed stopped rivulet  running down  the blacktop where Miller Landing Road meets Lake Jackson
 
Same rainy morning at Lake Jackson
Fast shutter speed stopped the waves made from raindrops
(above and below)

I'm not sure how I got this, but I like the shadows, reflections, and underwater grass
It's a closeup, obviously, and probably fast shutter speed
It's hard to make notes while shooting

More water stopped with fast shutter speed on the way downhill

Pine trees at Phipps Park, via wide-angle lens and fast shutter speed.
This looking-through-the-wrong-end-of-a-bottle distortion may be a cliché , but I like it

Homely wildflower: shallow depth-of-field through wide aperture

Detail all the way back through fast shutter speed
(above and Lake Victoria, below)


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.