Oct 6, 2013

Collaging water

Kayak on Pine Island Sound
Really, the sky and water are this serene.

First, cut muslin 20" x 20".
Then paint it with white gesso.

Cover the gesso-ed muslin with fabrics and papers.

Paint it where it seems right.
I have learned to use separate palettes (I use paper plates.) for warm and cool colors 
to avoid making a muddy mix.

Here, a bit of paint

Add some sheer fabrics, like the lilac and turquoise torn strips of polyester organza. 
They curved naturally.

Make the prow of a kayak from fabric glued to buckram.
Here, silk that my Aunt Mary bought ages ago in Thailand and contemporary cotton.
I really like this pinky-red.

Place the kayak onto bottom of the piece, where it is in the guiding photo.
Ugh!

Maybe a sailboat?
Yes!





















No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.