Oct 19, 2013

Deep lessons in digital photography

Sunshine Alterations
 in our neighborhood
taken for digital photography class

I took Charles Badland's digital photography class at LeMoyne Gallery so I can photograph my art and enter shows. I learned a few more basic lessons as well:

  • A good camera takes better pictures.
  • Take my camera everywhere.
  • Take extra batteries too.
  • Read the manual.
  • Take lots of photos.
  • All those aperture and speed options make sense if I spend time using them.
  • Photos make me see. 

I still need practice photographing my art. Here are two sites that will help:
Shoot that quilt
Artcall for entries. Tells how to resize photos using Photoshop and has basic photo guidelines from Maria Elkins

I want to help Mary, who makes window treatments. Her photos tend to emphasize the bright window more than the lovely drapes. When I see her we'll explore:

HDR
High Dynamic Range -- a setting that takes three photos of the same subject, then combines the results into a single photo with the best light balance. Badland said he thinks the newest iPhones have this option.




No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.