Dec 10, 2010

Little tree

I love my vulnerable Christmas tree, posing here on the kitchen doorstep. If you have a saw & drill you can make one:
1. Slice a 1/4-inch cookie from a log (Mine blew off the black walnut tree.)
2. Match your drill bit to the size of a scrap of evergreen.
3. Drill a hole in the center of the wood.
4. Insert greens.
5. Cut a free-form star. I used a glue gun, but any glue would work.

I got this from a magazine clipping I've been saving. It says they make festive place card holders for the Christmas table.
I made these for my quilting group. We were going to meet for Christmas dinner Tuesday, but postponed it for a week. Hope my greens don't dry. Mary inspired me, reminding me how Dad loved to work with wood, saying she discovered she loves it too. So I "borrowed" Clark's tools & let the sawdust fly onto the floor. Dad caught his in a big box under the saw.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.