Jan 19, 2018

Where to paint a poem?

Written last night:
Dear Friends,
Today was the first poetry Thursday of 2018 at the library, and the subject was time. Here’s a poem I read. I like it so much that in Tallahassee I painted it inside the medicine chest so I could read it every morning as I brushed my teeth. I left that crazy medicine cabinet there when I moved to Sacramento. Here there are drawers and mirrors, so I’ve got to paint this beautiful poem somewhere else.
Love,
k

It’s the Dream by Olav H. Hauge
It’s the dream we carry
that something wondrous will happen
that it must happen
time will open
hearts will open
doors will open
spring will gush forth from the ground–
that the dream itself will open
that one morning we’ll quietly drift
into a harbor we didn’t know was there.
from Borealis (March/April 2002), translated from the Norwegian by Robert Hadin

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.