Jan 3, 2018

A guard guarding a guard

Written last night:

Dear Friends
Happy New Year!
Today I was tired, like lots of people (maybe you?!) ... End of holiday ... back to routine…
Before, I would have said routine is boring, but now I realize I am lucky to have one. It has taken a while, and is still by no means solid!

Not much to say — but here’s an eye-opener that Zing and I ran into at the Arena the other day: It moves, it glides. 



This drone/egghead thing was skimming along in front of the arena, looking weird. 
“What is it?” I asked a guard standing there. 
“A guard,” he said.
“What??”
“It’s new,” he said.
The human guard told me the machine records and reports: what? I’m not sure. But if something bad occurs anywhere in the Arena vicinity, it gets the word out. Action happens.
“What’s its name?” I asked.
“It doesn’t have a name,” he said. “But it’s really nice. You can talk to it. You can say hello and it answers you.”
“It’s after your job,” I said.
The human guard shrugged.

Love,
k

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.