Jan 8, 2018

He trusted me

Written last night:

Dear Friends,
Plans are made to be broken, right? What I was going to do this week won’t happen. Meaning I'm now free to attend Craft Napa next weekend, which is tempting, whether for a daylong workshop in fabric painting, or two days.  I’ll think about it tomorrow. 

The farmers market under the freeway is smaller now, with the growing season in hiatus for a couple of months (See — I’m learning about this place!) I went anyway, to pay the man at Bariani olive oil booth. Before Christmas I ordered some to be sent as gifts, and he (I think it might be Mr. Bariani) wouldn’t take my money. He said the oil was being pressed in the coming week, and that he’d send it on to the addresses I gave him.  I could pay later. When I told him I’d be out of town for a couple of weeks he shrugged. Today he smiled when I arrived, said he’d sent the oil to the addresses I’d given him, and I paid him. He trusted me. I made two more orders today. He said I can pay next week. 

Here’s the Sacramento River and the Tower Bridge, two days ago. Today was gloomy and gray. 
Love,
k



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.