Sep 9, 2017

An ordinary Friday

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

Things that happened today:
  • Around 6:30 this morning on Capitol Mall Zing and I passed one of those big metal cubes that house electrical equipment. It had a smaller makeshift blanketed box attached, jutting onto the sidewalk. A pair of old worn shoes sat neatly outside the box, which was about as big as a dog house, and then I realized someone was sleeping inside that little house.
  • I went home and checked Florida weather.
  • I cleaned the condo; I must be nuts, but I still get satisfaction from the work, which I generally hate. It must be that I'm getting to know all the corners of my new home. 
  • Occasionally I stopped my chores to check in with Florida weather.
  • Around noon Zing and I walked around the Capitol building. They were passing out cake and ice cream at a table that said, “Happy Birthday, California.” California became the 31st state on September 9, 1850. I thought how odd that we Californians can be celebrating while all of Florida is in a panic over Hurricane Irma.
  • For dinner I was going to have spaghetti with sauce I’d frozen. Then I saw the last of my ugly tomatoes on the table. How stupid to use prepared sauce during tomato season! So I cut up a tomato and mixed it with orichetti, Parmesan, and goat cheese, and a cube of basil I’d frozen in an ice cube tray with garlic and olive oil. I’m going to miss tomato season!
Love,
k
Cleaning supplies
Zing in the rose garden outside the Capitol Friday








No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.