Sep 3, 2017

2 dogs + 2 leashes + two arms = 1 walk

Written last night:
Dear Friends,

Today was peppered with sleepiness — I didn’t sleep enough last night. Dreamy is the perfect way to approach walking three dogs, (two at a time). I am walking Broozer and Gully + Zing. A long time ago, when Zing was a pup and his cousin Gully was young too, I walked them both on the Tallahassee path in the woods. They wove their leashes in and out, each swerving after a different squirrel, pulling me in two different directions. At the time I didn’t know how to switch a leash from hand to hand, or around my back. I thought I would run up and down the hills with two happy dogs. Instead I was becoming a third animal myself, flailing and growling and stumbling and soon enough turning back. I don’t think I’ve walked two dogs since. But Zing must have taught me something over the years, because taking care of three dogs (well, I walked Zing separately) was uneventful today. Don’t worry, guys, I’ll take you out tomorrow as well!

I also spent hours (literally!) reading, and I made beef bourguignon with chu
ck from the butcher where I found delectable bones that just might keep Zing quiet.

Love,
k

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.