Aug 2, 2017

Painting flowers while it's hot

Written Monday:

Dear Friends,

Do you ever get to tonight and forget the details of the day?
I can only remember broad strokes: exercise, buy coffee, talk with a new friend, paint. 

Today I learned the term “chemo brain.” Perhaps you’ve heard it; maybe you’ve even endured it. I learned it today from my new friend, a nurse. She said that people getting chemo are often not really themselves for awhile, maybe as long as two years after treatment. You don’t necessarily get a chemo brain, but you might. It’s a small price to pay for staying alive. 

I feel like my brain too shattered when Clark died, and is now reassembling. In some ways I may never be whole again, and in others I might be stronger. A simple example came today - I got a new toaster. But in Tallahassee we had four (yes!) toasters. For some crazy reason I was certain I’d never make toast again, so I gave them all away (you might have one … enjoy it!) My action did not make sense. 

I made many decisions in this fog, and I still am. Some gut knowledge guided me, and it seems to be working out. Thank you for helping me.

Tuesday

It was hot this afternoon. Very hot. I painted flowers.

Love, 

k

\\
18" x 20"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.