Aug 25, 2017

Too busy to read???!

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

Today was filled with short necessities: training Zing, 5 minutes at a time (I feed him a good bone, go to the outside stairwell, stand on one foot as long as I can, then on the other foot, then repeat, then return to check the audio for every whine and bark), shopping Capitol Mall farmers market for figs (three weeks left, the farmer said) and those sweet strawberries that I cannot believe are still here, house chores, making candied pecans for the condo crawl tomorrow, visiting the vet with Zing. 

And I had hoped to finish reading a book: My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk, a favorite writer, was discussed at the Crocker Museum this afternoon, but I wasn’t ready. I couldn’t find big chunks of time for reading. Blame computers, the varied demands of my new life, my short attention span. I am going to spend more time reading!

I hope you snatch time for reading and other pleasures too!

Love,

k

2 comments:

Kathleen Turner said...

Test

Beth Stewart-Ozark said...

I just finished reading "A Gentleman in Moscow" by Amor Towles, also author of "Rules of Civility." It was a wonderful book, if only for the wording and phrasing of words used to tell the story of Count Rostov and Anna in Russia. I think you would enjoy its nuanced appetite for words.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.