Jul 14, 2018

Feeling at home here and also there

Dear Friends,
A sure sign it’s home is that it is good to get back there, and I was glad to be back in Sacramento yesterday afternoon. I had a great visit in San Francisco, and am beginning to feel at home in that city too. Lesley (who spent the SF time with me) and I first met in a Miami writers' group, and we’ve been friends for more than 40 years; we hope to get together at least once a year from now on. Lesley is a musician as well as a poet, and it was new to see the world through her eyes: she told me serious musicians practice five-plus hours a day; she loves Bach, then Mozart (or was it Beethoven?), then someone else, whose name I forget. In addition, she named her favorite poets, and we discussed how art relates to contemporary events. Whew!
Oh, and we walked and shopped and enjoyed great food.

On the train home I read, then napped, then drew buildings as we quickly passed them, using simple lines and shapes before they disappeared from my memory. Then I napped again.
Love,
k

San Francisco Bay from the Bay Bridge yesterday


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.