Nov 22, 2017

City Hall : impressively boring

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

Today I went to my second City Council meeting. So boring! So many citizen speakers before getting to the published agenda. In their two minutes at the podium, they spoke of Indigenous People’s Day, The God Particle, bathrooms for the homeless. Unrehearsed, unimpressive, perhaps. Yet I ended up impressed. It was people talking to their representatives. 

Then the council swiftly approved items 1 to 13, which included some licensing and zoning for cannabis. 
All passed as if routine. Which it is. There were several more cannabis-related items on the agenda, but I left before the council got to them. 

Now I feel at home. I know how to get to City Hall. I don’t need to go back soon. I think I went because it’s where Clark might be.

While the meeting wore on, I drew the people.
Love,
k



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.