Oct 28, 2017

Three drawings

Written last night:
Dear Friends,

You know how sometimes you scan a book and say “Ugh! Not for me!” ?
And then later, maybe years later, the book speaks to you ...
 
That’s what happened to me with Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. I found it dry and didactic when it came out in 1979. But someone in my latest drawing class suggested I look at the updated (2012) version, which I did. The first thing it asks is to make three drawings as a starting point, taking about an hour total, and I just did it.  Maybe you’ll recognize someone, and if you don’t, I’m supposed to get better.

Love,
k
 
1. DRAW A PERSON FROM MEMORY

2. SIT IN FRONT OF A MIRROR AND DRAW A SELF-PORTRAIT


3. DRAW YOUR HAND ANY WAY YOU WANT 





No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.