Jul 26, 2016

What I feel is not loneliness

Last night I couldn’t sleep (I know — hardly ever happens!), so I took a bath at 4 a.m. It worked.
Zing touched down in Sacramento late last night and is in good hands. Just got notice from Steph that the vet there finds Zing healthy. Thanks, Patrick and Steph!
I hate the word grief. 
The bright zinnias are still alive on my hotel table. 
I had to be gruff to the 2 men cleaning out the garage and shed. They wanted to dump everything by the edge of the drive for garbage pickup. I said No, in the same tone I use with Zing. No, plus treats (tips) worked. All is cleaned out. I never saw the house without furniture before today. It’s got character. I don’t know if I’ll go back.
I ate lunch at Hopkins Eatery, studying literature that came with my new Wells Fargo checking account. But the banker forgot our appointment. I ate dinner waiting for a city of Tallahassee phone to answer so I could cancel utilities. Never happened. In between, I returned all the black boxes to Comcast. Met with realtor. Laughed with Gretchen.
I decided to take it slow, realize things take time, not leave details unfinished here, head to Sacramento Monday. I’d have to stay in a hotel there anyway. And I keep limping a bit. I don’t like it. Going slower here will heal the knee.  
What I feel is not loneliness.



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.