Jul 31, 2016

Ready to go!

My last day in Tallahassee… I read the news and finished a book (The Nest/ a New York family drama), didn’t leave the hotel, hoping stillness would keep my knee from stiffening up.  I did hop across Gaines Street for coffee this morning (so much better than the hotel’s!) and in the evening for a salad to go from Gaines Street Pies.

There were frustrations: trying to access the bank online, which I did without problem yesterday, yet today I was blocked. Grrrr! Same with Social Security. Stab, Stab! Try, try! Reject, reject! Obviously, I should stop, and eventually I did. At least I know my questions.  I’ll ask them tomorrow.

The woman who cleans my hotel room told me about her 17-year-old daughter, who is mentally ill, who set fire to their house, who loves to draw, who cannot look her in the eye, who sucks all the attention away from her 9-year-old brother.  My problems shrivel before hers. 

And tomorrow: Sacramento, my new home! Trouble has beset me, yes, but I smile in anticipation. Yay!

 Empty house

5 comments:

lastslade/tallyfiberworks said...

May Sacramento be a balm and excitement for you and your wonderful creative self. I wish you sweet times in California with family. I will miss you..see you online.
Leslie C.

livelymonkey said...

Bon voyage my friend. I miss you already but we'll " talk" on line and share our show and tell! Big hugs, mona

Kathleen said...

Thank you, friends!

Anonymous said...

Sadly, this is difficult for me to say, you will be greatly missed - have been in denial, hating to see you go!! You are such a fun person, ecstatic about life, always willing to try something new and adventurous, so many happy memories here in Tallahassee! Each time I'm on Bradford and I pass by your street, I will remember you. You had this infectious laugh about you - have two of your beautiful art pieces that I will cherish. So long, my friend, don't forget us here in Tally!! Love you much !!����������

Janis Johnson said...

Janis

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.