Feb 23, 2015

Happy

It's strange I named this piece Happy, because it started a dismal black and brown. It was making me morose, so I changed the background to my favorite color -- turquoise. From that moment, I loved making this. I got inspiration from 
the French Impressionist painter Bernard Lorjou (1908-1986).

Here's a peek into my process of making Happy. Sorry, I don't have any photos of that bleak black and brown starting point!

Happy
32" x 24"
cotton, organza, silk, paint and thread

Above is my work table with the turquoise cotton being stenciled with white paint. I love doilies and use them whenever I can.
Below, the fabric after stenciling


 Above, trying out sheers for the vase. The background is a piece of silk painted pale pink.

 Maybe it's the messy in me, but I love the stitching on the back, above and below.


Choosing thread

Above and below, Happy detail




Thank you for being here!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.