Jun 11, 2013

What makes a good art website

I want an art website, and I will probably eventually make a simple one. You can too. I'm collecting advice before I jump in. Today I read Sandra Sider''s curatorial take on quilters' sites. (iYou can find it on p. 2 of the Spring 2013 Studio Art Quilt Associates journal.) Sider says art sites should be simple and engaging, with -- obviously -- good writing and spelling. Don't be cute, be clear. Have good photos, and be sure to include length, width, and year completed, with one whole and one detail photo per quilt. Sider, the SAQA president, lists some effective sites. Here are a few:

Shelley Brenner Baird

Jayne Bentley Gaskins

Kathleen Loomis

Sidney Snell

Heather G. Stoltz


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.