Jun 10, 2013

Art quilt: emphasis on ART


I just attended Leni Wiener's webinar on entering Studio Art Quilt Associates shows. 

In a few days you'll be able to find the hour-long audio, with its guiding PowerPoint, on the SAQA web site. For now, here are two points that impressed me:

1. SAQA means art. People want to see art. Some of those people are not sure they want to see quilts. So for SAQA shows, they are looking for jurors who are artists or fine are curators -- and not necessarily quilters. I am glad!

2. An artist's portfolio should look like all the pieces are made by the same person. This means it is coherent in palette, technique and style. If you check Wiener's web site, you'll see that she offers guidance in developing a style. (The $100 fee seems reasonable.) 


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.