Apr 1, 2012

No-cook Sunday: Greek cauliflower

Greek cauliflower
No-cook Sunday is harder than I thought. I can cook less, but it's hard to cook nothing at all -- even for just one day. Yesterday I made Greek cauliflower, put the skillet in the refrigerator overnight, and warmed it up for dinner. That's cooking, right? With it we had a roast chicken from New Leaf Market. While I was there I checked their ready-made foods: tuna salad, chicken salad, macaroni salad, quinoa salad. Guess next Saturday I have to make a salad for Sunday. This might be more about being organized than being hungry.

Greek cauliflower *

1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. crushed fennel seed
1/4 t. cinnamon
1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (I think frozen would work too)
1/2 C. tomato sauce
1 T. lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Put olive oil in skillet and add onions, garlic, oregano, fennel, and cinnamon. Cover and cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, until onions are golden.

Add the cauliflower, tomato sauce and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cver and reduce to medium. Cook until cauliflower is tender, about 8 minutes. Add a little water if sauce seems to be boiling away.

*I've had this recipe forever and don't remember where I got it.






No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.