Jan 1, 2012

Happy New Year!



This morning Zing! and I walked the foggy beach at St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge. Zing! chased fiddler crabs and I watched fish jump. It was a dreamy beginning to 2012. Clark stayed home and cooked sauerkraut (which was delicious).

As each year goes by, I note things big and small that make a personal difference. 2011 was the year for:

1. Cedar Key
2. French press coffee
3. Ballet
4. Old friends
5. Clark gave me a fine sharp knife.
6. I joined a health club (and one month later it closed).
7. When I had to make a choice I picked the easy way.
8. I sold quilts. Someone loved my quilts.
9. A poem came to me complete in the middle of the night. And I remembered it in the morning.
10. I was walking Zing! and a man drove by, then stopped abruptly and backed his truck to us. He rolled down the window and I swear he tipped his hat. "With all due respect, ma'am, you are beautiful," he said. Rolled up the window and drove away.
11. Wow! Clark and I just switched our daily New York Times and Tallahassee Democrat from paper to iPad. We have cherished our morning coffee and newspaper moments for 30+ years, and were certain we'd be the last to relinquish newsprint. (Maybe we are.)
12. My cousin Mary Jo died. She was the first (in adulthood) of my generation to go.


2 comments:

Eve Samples said...

I love this list. Scott and I gave each other an iPad for Christmas, and I'm almost ready to give up my print subscriptions, too. Not good, considering where I earn my paycheck.

Kathleen said...

Journalism and journalists like you are vital! The work remains -- the vehicle evolves. I also love the citizen journalist.
It's the visuals that draw me to the iPad. And convenience. Last week a mother told a 13-year-old girl I tutor that I used to be a newspaper reporter. "I've never in my life read a newspaper," she said. (But she writes poems.)
I'm back on the mac now for blog; I've been missing it -- mean to learn how to update blog via iPad, but haven't yet. I do have the app ---
Happy Valentine's Day!

I love the list too. I make it all year long.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.