Sep 7, 2011

Mom's Peach Pie



When I told Mom I was making her peach pie for Labor Day, she said, "That's not my recipe -- I got it from Betty McGlone. All the good recipes come from somewhere, and that one's Betty's." Thanks, Betty! I hardly ever make pie any more, but this is so good I make it every summer. 

First, make the crust. Put it in a 9" pie pan.

Peel and slice peaches (good ones -- so many are tasteless) to make a mound on the unbaked crust.

Mix this and pour it over:

Sauce for Peach Pie

1/3 C. melted butter
1/4 C. and 1 T. flour (5 T. in all) mixed with 1 1/4 C. sugar
1 beaten egg
cinnamon to taste (I use a lot.)
1 t. vanilla

This is for an 8" pan. Mom uses 1 1/2 recipe for 9".  The sauce will bubble over, so put a foil-lined cookie sheet on the shelf below to catch the drips. 

Bake at 375° until the center bubbles, about 1 1/2 hr. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.