Jul 8, 2011

River quilt, step 6

I committed one of my own pet peeves: not telling the size of the quilt. When Mona saw this in my studio, she was shocked -- from blog photos she'd deduced it was 10" or so. I hate to see art online (& in print too) for which you have to guess the size. Lesson learned! This is 38" square.

Another blog problem: color, intensity, all that ... Photos (mine, anyway) don't convey reality. Sue & George thought I'd changed color plans from the model in step 1. Well ... yes & no. The blues ARE less rosy, but the piece is pretty much like the original idea. My photo doesn't tell the story.

Now I'm edging the pieces in same-color thread. I started with monofilament (recommended by Barbara Olson in Journey of an Art Quilter), but that gave the fabric a punctured look -- all needle holes & no connectors. It's slow work because I'm not adept. Today's gloomy -- too wet to run but perfect for stitching.


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.