Mar 19, 2010


The kitchen looked a mess, so I decided to take a photo to show you I don't care much about cleaning. Then, in the camera viewfinder, it all looked beautiful. Here's the sink with Valentine orchid, blue bucket and mop, and some toasted pecans.

These chocolate macaroons are also beautiful! I think it's from Patricia Wells' A Food Lover's Guide to Paris.

Macarons Creoles

275° oven

1. Toast 1 C. almonds (I use blanched.) five minutes or until tasty. Cool 10 minutes. Grind. I use a Mouli mill, but food processor should work. I like the way they smell as I grind them by hand.
2. Melt 3 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate with 1 t. vanilla. Last time I used 70% Lindt and to tell the truth I think it was too chocolate-y. Experiment.
3. Mix 2 large egg whites (Don't whip them! I used to think it wasn't macaroons unless there were whipped egg whites.), almonds, 3/4 C. sugar at slow speed. Mix in chocolate.
4. Lightly butter parchment to cover cookie sheet.
5. Spoon 1 T. for each cookie. Flatten them slightly with a spoon.
6. Bake 15-18 min., until set, slightly firm, but not dry. Cool.
7. Melt 1 3/4 oz. chocolate. Add 2 T. heavy cream. Blend. Cool.
8. Make cookie sandwiches.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.