Mar 25, 2010

As usual, Lent is almost over & I haven't suffered nearly as much as long ago, when we gave up candy for 6 weeks. This year I decided to notice when & if God would wink at me. Yesterday I soaked this can to remove the Bush's black beans label. It kind of gleamed at me. Divine, huh?

Also:
"Human imagination is not simply our means of reaching out to God but God's means of manifesting himself to us." I like to think imagination is a wink.

That's in Christian Wiman's, essay "God's Truth is Life" (p. 389, Pushcart Prize XXXIV, Bill Henderson, ed., Pushcart Press, New York, 2010). I'm surprised. When Wiman became editor of Poetry magazine I stopped subscribing. I took a dislike to the magazine. But I just Googled Wiman & discovered he's had a great turnaround. Read about it in The American Scholar.


2 comments:

Eve Samples said...

Kathleen, I love your blog! Such interesting, unexpected topics. Beautiful.

Kathleen said...

Thanks, Eve!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.