Jul 8, 2019

Sunday wanderings

Written last night:

Dear Friends,
1. Today I got lost coming home from the winery. 
Heringer’s, on the other side of the river.
I wandered back home the long way.

2. Then I sat reading (about bridges) outside on a bench
with Zing! sunning beside me.
We had several conversations with friends who passed by --,
about good hiking near Auburn
and cooperative living in West Sacramento
and the charm of dogs who can’t jump.

3. At the winery a woman named Toni introduced her husband.
He said he goes to Miami on movie business.
He laughs at all the fancy cars there.
He tells the parking attendant to be careful with his plain truck.

It's full of equipment
worth more than many Lamborghinis.

“I pray we’ll meet again,” Toni said as we left. 
It’s a good reason to go back and buy wine.

That was my Sunday.
Love,
k

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.