Oct 19, 2018

Poems and a toothbrush

Written last night:
Dear Friends,

Today was the poetry roundtable in the Sacramento Room of the library. It’s maybe a dozen people; some are kind of my age and others are 40 years younger. I arrived a little late and they were all around the table talking — don’t ask me about what. These are word people. I think three are lawyers on their lunch hour. Another is a teacher who had the day off.The rest didn’t tell. Then we started reading poems one by one. I read hag riding by Lucille Clifton and the Witches’ Curse (Double, double…) from Shakespeare’s Macbeth

And one crazy thing. (“What," you say, "Crazy? Kathleen?”):
I left my electric toothbrush in the hotel room in San Francisco. Judy is going to mail it back, and in the meantime I’m brushing the old-fashioned way, using my own power. But I’m so used to the automatic one that I keep brushing my teeth, waiting for it to stop.

Love,
k

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.