Sep 27, 2018

Apples to apples

Written last night:
Dear Friends,
Today I finished that book about habits (The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg); I read it because these past two years have made me realize how crucial routines are. Basically the book said we do things because they give us a reward. So to establish a routine we have to make sure we get a reward. Simple, huh? And he wrote a whole book about it.

I finished the apple collage this afternoon, except for a final coat of varnish and a frame. I like it, even though it’s not as smooth as the under-painting. Good art is supposed to look wonderful from a distance, and then be interesting when you get up close too. Collage is ready-made for that, since you only see the details of small pieces up close. I’m going to make a few more collages and also paint a simple apple, as Mary suggests. Thanks, Mary.

Love,
k
The collage, above
The underpainting, below



2 comments:

MIRIAM NOBLE said...

Your apples look fabulous!

Kathleen said...

Thank you!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.