Aug 26, 2018

Three cheeses and some celery sticks

Written last night:

Dear Friends,
Again, a busy day: Farmers Market, where I got a baguette and some dark figs (I really miss our Tallahassee fig tree!), then I  went to Freeport Bakery, which everyone says is the best in town, to pick up a lemon birthday cake for Darrius. She is a friend who lives here, and this afternoon Tony had a party for her. He asked me to bring a cheese plate with veggies, etc., too. Well, three cheeses and some celery sticks just didn’t sound festive, so I found online inspiration  I love how it turned out, beautiful and delicious. Not to get all cookbook-y, but you could make it anytime, with almost anything — for a party or an easy dinner. That’s pimento cheese,* like they make in North Florida, with the spoon in it. It’s a southern staple, good with Ritz crackers.  The other things not immediately identifiable are candied pecans, beet slices, tomato jam, and dried pears. 
Love,
k
*Mix lightly in food processor: 8 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar, 4 oz. pimentos, drained, 1/3 C. mayo, 1 tsp. white vinegar, and salt to taste. Mustard too, if you like it. (Anything else, Southerners?)



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.