Aug 29, 2018

I flew above the sidewalk

Written last night:

Dear Friends,
Less than an hour ago I was flying low above the night sidewalk, screaming “Oh! Oh! Oh!” and Zing was stretching his leash in the opposite direction, while a man on a bike was entangled on Zing's leash between us. You know how you feel when you’re flying and think to yourself, “I wonder what I’m going to break when I land”? Well, luckily, nothing but a skinned elbow. I checked each of Zing’s legs, and he didn’t squeal in pain. The man on the bike was also fine. He  was going fast, didn’t ring his warning bell (that’s rarely done) when he saw me but not Zing. I think that in Sacramento it's not exactly illegal to ride a bike on the sidewalk.

I should walk with Zing close by my ankle but I don’t. I let him on a loose leash so he can wander in the grass. Patrice gave Zing! a blinking night-time leash for Christmas, but I wasn’t using it. After we got home, a little shaken, Zing! made me take him for another walk with the flashing leash. “There,” he said. “That’s better.” (Thanks, Patrice!)

Also today, I had fun drawing this back-to-school owl on a little notebook for Juliana. I love this bird. I actually drew it in Tallahassee, and copied it for her today.

Love,
k



1 comment:

livelymonkey said...

Goodness gracious. So glad you’re both ok. Man it’s so scary to fall. ❤️

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.