Mar 14, 2018

Talking all the way

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

Today was quiet. 

But I forgot to tell you about my less -than-quiet train ride to San Francisco.

Wednesday morning I got on the train and took a seat. Soon a woman took the seat facing me. As the train began to move she started a series of phone calls. Her remarks were encouraging and professional; she seemed to be a counselor or psychologist. After a few minutes she put her phone away and told me she wanted to get her work done quickly because she’d just had “half an edible,”  and wanted to relax. She said she was about 70 and ready to retire. Then we began to talk, and we talked all the way to San Francisco, … Politics, work, writing, living in Silicon Valley… When it was about time to get off, a man sitting across the aisle came over. 
“Excuse me,” he said, “I heard you discussing politics, and I’d like to introduce myself. I’m Richie Greenberg. I’m running for mayor of San Francisco.”  
My new friend immediately pressed him about his relationship with the president, and soon Mr. Greenberg politely said goodbye. Here’s the postcard he gave me (You know this is NOT an endorsement!)
Love,
k






No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.