Feb 17, 2018

Little details and chance connections

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

There are so many people who live alone, and I am finding out how to do it. Maybe it’s easier if you’ve never shared a life. One important person is a handyman. Bob, who was recommended by a friend, came today and installed lights, hung pictures, straightened doors. He made it look easy. With each of these steps I’m feeling more at home here. 

I spent some wonderful time with Patrick. 

And I just returned from dinner with my neighbor Sandy at Biba’s, a very popular midtown restaurant that could become a favorite. We chatted with a couple who live in Grass Valley, in the foothills, but do business in Ohio. Then we took an uber home and the driver was from Columbus, OH, my home town. He got a law degree from Capital University there and works for the government here during the day and ubers at night. So it’s a small world.

Love,
k
Bob hung this quilt
My friend Mona made it

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.