Feb 18, 2018

Meet a manzanita

Written last night:
Dear Friends,

I just got home from dinner in El Dorado with friends who want to show me all the charms around Sacramento. This tiny town in the hills has that gold-rush feel and Poor Red’s Bar-B-Q plays up the theme. It’s a rollicking place at a crossroads, where the music is loud, the drinks are fizzy, and the murals all make you feel like you’re swaggering up the hill with fresh gold in your pockets. It’s a great place to forget the cares of the week. On our way we stopped to walk along a path in a field that ran toward a gorge, and I learned to recognize a manzanita bush by its smooth red-brown bark, twisting branches and perfume-y sap. 
Love,
k
Manzanita bush

Across from Poor Red's Bar-B-Q
Looks like some people up here think northern California should break away and form its own 
“State of Jefferson"



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.