Dec 12, 2017

Christmas juggling act

Written last night:

Dear Friends,
I’m not good at organizing. This time of year I juggle airplane trips and party dates and Zing care and getting to the post office … It might seem easy to you, but I’m swamped!

Luckily, each day I find a person who inspires me. Saturday at the post office on Alhambra it was the postal worker who maintained his cool, even as as the line got longer and people were pressing at his counter and it was closing time. “How do you do it?” I asked him. “I pray a lot,” he said. 

And my neighbor, who spoke to the City Council last week, calm and composed, while he is usually electric with energy. "How does he do it?” I asked his wife. “Practice,” she said.

And this evening at the CVS Zing and I ran into a woman and her small dog. The woman was 101% gracious, talking kindly as our dogs collided. She did not ooze; she was just naturally fine. “Have a wonderful holiday!” is the last thing she said to me.

Who knows who I’ll meet tomorrow?!

Here’s the home where I went to the poetry party last week. 
Love,
k


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.