Dec 16, 2017

Jerry, light the Christmas tree!

Written last night:
Dear Friends,
This afternoon Zing and I walked to the Capitol to see the big Christmas tree. Although it was only 4:45 p.m., it was getting dark. (In winter it gets dark early here.) But the tree wasn’t lit! I asked two women who were taking pictures of each other in front of the tree if the state was saving power. No, they said; it should be lit. “We’ll go tell Jerry to light the tree!” one woman joked. “Yeah, you go do that!” challenged her friend. I gathered they work at the Capitol and everybody there slyly calls Governor Brown by his first name when he's not listening. I turned my back to pick something up off the grass (Thanks, Zing!), and when I turned around again the tree was lit. Soon there were lots more people gathering to take photos of themselves and our big California Christmas tree.
Love,
k






No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.