Aug 1, 2014

More Meow



Meow
11" x 14" mounted
I know you've seen this before, but I wanted to show you Meow at her best. I painted and stamped an 11" x 14" gallery-wrapped canvas in colors and shine that I think the kitty adores. I sewed the little quilt to thick strips of felt, and glued the felt to the canvas. That way the quilt itself can be removed easily, should anyone want to do that. I'll show you pictures of that process soon, because it's so obvious, yet I never thought of it. At that time I'll give credit to the person who gave me the idea. Because now I forget. (It's been a long day -- our air conditioner has been broken for three days, and we said it was fine but it wasn't really. The wonderful man with the coolant just left, so now the world is fine again.)

And below is the back -- rather messy but a triumph for me. You would not believe how much practice it takes to drill those hooks. With hanging wire attached and the sharp ends wrapped in masking tape, I think I've finally found a good way to make little works shine.

If you like my Meow, you can bid on her in the Quilters Unlimited silent auction at the Museum quilt show early this fall.





No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.