Jul 20, 2014

Steak salad

I needed more iron, so we started eating beef on Sunday. 
This is what we eat: Steak, salad, potatoes.

Sunday Steak Dinner

Some kind of steak, maybe strip or sirloin, not too much. Cut it into strips. Marinate. 
Here's the marinade recipe for one pound of beef. I make 1/3 of it. I've thought of making a whole recipe to have some for later, but I'm sure it's best fresh.

Marinade
1 C. bottled Italian dressing (I use Good Seasons.)
2 T. fresh lemon juice
2 T. Parmesan cheese
4 minced garlic cloves
1 T. Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
Marinade makings
Use about 1/3 of this to marinate the meat; the rest will be salad dressing. Marinate 30 minutes to 4 hours. (I'm pretty sure overnight would also be fine.)

Just before we eat I put the steak into a hot iron skillet and cook it until it's still slightly pink inside. Toss some salad greens with the rest of the marinade and put the meat on top. 

We like this with little potatoes that have boiled until just soft, then smashed and drizzled with olive oil. Cook in a 425° oven until browned -- about 30 minutes. 


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.