Apr 14, 2013

10 things 2012

Already deep into 2013, I remember I never told you my list of 2012's notable bumps and blessings. I've got the list; when something changes me I write it down. Lots is simple, notable only to me -- but who wants earth-shaking? I'm an ordinary woman observing the marks in my life, and no doubt missing many. Enough with the dismissives -- here is my 2012 list:

1. Running belt -- I finally discovered the elastic kind with pockets. I used to run with my phone and keys slap-slapping my stomach. Kind of sloppy. That's what comes from not being a joiner: you find out late what everybody could have told you long ago.
2. Mom's dinner -- We all got together in Columbus to toast Mom's 99th birthday -- several months after the freezing January day when she actually celebrated.
3. Art quilt group -- Turns out there are plenty of us in the area who think of quilts as a starting point for new beauty. We've been getting together once a month.
4. Clarkston in the summer. That's Clarkston, Michigan, where Chris and his family live. We loved visiting when so many Turners were there for Rebecca's high school graduation.
5. Quilt accepted at SAQA. Studio Art Quilt Associates sounds high-falutin' to me. Never thought they'd hang Beach Walk in their Florida show. I loved becoming part of this challenging group.
6. I'm an artist. Yes, that's what I say now.
7. Back to spirit. I don't know why I wrote this, but I did. Spirit made me.
8. Activity is good. I wrote this after realizing that it's actually true. Shocking to someone like me, who even hated being a spectator. (I still do.)
9. Sons: Mark said he is taking charge (with Rachel) of Mom's 100th birthday celebration. Nice.
Sons: got a sweet Mother's Day note from Patrick. Nice.
10. Porch. We added a screened-in porch to the back of the house and now we practically live out there.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.