Feb 5, 2013

Gretchen's best pound cake

Do you think they'll notice I stole a bite?

I am going to make a birthday cake for Melissa, and I know she loves pound cake. So I asked Gretchen, my baking guru (and niece) for advice. Gretchen has tried more than a dozen pound cake recipes (there ARE a dozen recipes?), and this is best. Easy too. Here's her email to me, with the recipe:

Hi!  

Here is the recipe for pound cake.  I promise you will not be disappointed!

Gretchen's Best Pound Cake

2 C sugar
2 C flour (DO NOT SIFT)
2 sticks butter (if using unsalted add about 3/4 teaspoon salt)
5 eggs
1 T of what ever extract you would like (vanilla, almond, etc.) OR the juice and zest of one lemon

Put all the ingredients in the mixer and blend for 10 minutes at medium speed.  Pour into a greased and floured tube pan or 2 loaf pans.  

Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour (I start checking after 50 minutes).

Enjoy!

love,
G

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.