Dec 5, 2012

Quilt Photography




It looks like I'm a serious photographer here. It's the tripod and the lights. No -- it's me! I am serious about taking good photos of my quilts. Shoot that quilt is my favorite how-to site. They convinced me to get the lights and tripod. (Well, I already had the tripod. The lights came from eBay.) Because of this site, I'm waiting until dark to take my photos, for true color reproduction. And I just finished a photo course via QuiltUniversity. I didn't take full advantage of the instructor, who was always available for feedback, but I did learn some basics, including how to resize and organize my images, and also the importance of reading the camera manual. (Duh, why didn't I think of that?)


3 comments:

Lesley Valdes said...

This is pretty awesome. You do look serious; you are serious; congratulations on adding yet another skill to your arsenal. The quilt up for 'shooting,' is magnificent by the way.

over and out,

L.V. in Philadelphia

Lesley Valdes said...

This is pretty awesome. You do look serious; you are serious; congratulations on adding yet another skill to your arsenal. The quilt up for 'shooting,' is magnificent by the way.

over and out,

L.V. in Philadelphia

Kathleen said...

Thank you, Lesley!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.