Aug 18, 2011

Collage 4: inspiration

Here's April, my collage inspiration, at LeMoyne.

This week April shared inspiration -- books & names of artists she loves. Her favorite is Vik Muniz.; he's from Brazil, lives in New York. She also loves Takashi Murakami, a Japanese artist who plays with images, enlarging toys into sculptures & miniaturizing sculptures into toys. Kind of God-like. He calls the toys super flat. I guess that's a contemporary art idea. I think it tries to explain the Japanese psyche. April's eyes light up when she talks about German artists from the 1920's, whose work was shown in Glitter and Doom, a 2006-2007 exhibit of portraits at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. April also shared a fat book of contemporary women artists, including Tracey Emin and Shirin Neshat. My favorite (not in the book) is Agnes Martin.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.