Jul 11, 2010

UnspOILed

Horrible serendipity caused writer Susan Cerulean & others to collect essays & poetry to "speak with one voice across Florida" against drilling for oil. This was five months before the BP oil spill, so the collection that resulted, UnspOILed: Writers Speak for Florida's Coast, has potent urgency. Saturday I heard several of the writers read their pieces at Native Nurseries. I was impressed with their passion & how they seem to be able to put their words into action. They were: Julie Hauserman, Diane Roberts of FSU, Crystal Wakoa, Grace Jackson, & O. Victor Miller of Georgia & Florida.

2 comments:

someday said...

Thought you might be interested!

http://hanowellphotography.com/blog/2010/07/15/contest-calling-all-tallahassee-bloggers/

Peter

Kathleen said...

Dear Peter,
Thank you & good luck to you!
You might be interested in my link to Rodney. He is a fabulous, spirited photojournalist who has been known to do weddings in the Detroit area. Now he's chronicling his fight with leukemia. I think you will like him.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.