Jul 18, 2010

Peanut Butter & Sweet Potatoes

Everyone loves peanut butter (except for a couple of people in my own family), but many think sweet potatoes are just for Thanksgiving.
Not true, of course. I love sweet potato wedges tossed in olive oil & chopped rosemary, then roasted at 375° until soft & golden brown.
Which led me to try this simple dish: Boil sweet potatoes, then mash with some cooking liquid. Add lots of chopped fresh garlic &, yes, peanut butter. Toss with cooked pasta & top with chopped green onions.*
"I wouldn't care if you didn't make this again," Clark said, as he returned his plate to the kitchen, nearly untouched. He can't deal with peanuts in his pasta.
I will make it again – next time as a soup. Just for me.

*I boiled 3 sweet potatoes, & mashed them with some cooking liquid, using my immersion blender. I added 2 cloves of chopped garlic, salt to taste, & about 3/4 C. peanut butter. For soup, I'll add chicken broth. Cream would be good too, but I'm trying to limit that. I might try cilantro &/or mint for garnish with the green onions.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.