Jun 5, 2010

Quilt Surface Design Symposium

Quilt Surface Design Symposium
We call it a symposium because we're serious.
I am loving the energy.
Didn't take photos of others' work because there are lots of signs up asking you not to. With some artists it's OK, & not with others.
Above is the first exercise in Diane Herbort's fast-paced Paper & Fabric Collage. You choose a magazine page & chop it up & make a design. I had lots of my page left over for another paper quilt. I just happened too choose black & white, but color abounds in this workshop.

This is exercise 2 in Diane Herbort's Paper & Fabric Collage. You choose a black & white image from her stack & make a design that has some white or black background showing. I used some 3-D, & I agree with Diane that it might have been more effective without the squigglies. Next time!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.