Jun 12, 2010

Nutrition Plus


Looks kind of like granola. Tastes like the old days, when Mom would serve us leftover dessert for breakfast. Which is why I made Peach-Blackberry Crumble as soon as I got up today. That's our breakfast table, after the cereal & eggs were cleared away.

On the way home from Ohio, I stopped at a farm stand in South Georgia where the woman called me honey until I'd filled my bag with peaches, blackberries, tomatoes, & Vidalia onions. It was all so flavorful that Clark suggested we take a ride back there this weekend.

Use any fruit. Peel & slice & fill a 9" pan halfway up or more. I put in a little sugar to let the juice come out, but you can also moisten the fruit a bit with water. Then put this crumble on it & bake at 375° until it bubbles in the middle, 40-45 minutes.

Crumble Topping

Either cut in by hand or in the food processor until it looks like tiny pebbles:
3/4 C. flour
1/3 C. light brown sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
6 T. cold butter

Add by hand 1/4 C. rolled oats & 1/4-1/2 C. chopped toasted pecans or walnuts.




No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.