May 3, 2010

Printing 3 – Block Prints

I thought it would be like in school – stamping "Good Work" on the top of students' papers. But no.
I used Jacquard Textile Color #104 Pink, a water-based acrylic paint. I sponged it onto the stamp with a sponge paintbrush. You can also use a makeup sponge. I couldn't wait to use the wood stamps that I bought at The British Museum a long time ago. As you can see in the details of the birds, you've got to have exactly the right amount of paint or else it will ooze around the fine details. When you're finished, you scrub the stamp with a toothbrush. These practice stamps are in my notebook. Next: cotton sateen, using blocks that I make. Ideas are in The Painted Quilt by Linda & Laura Kemshall, & A Little Creative Space.


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.