May 21, 2020

Farm in a box

Dear Family and Friends,
I've been learning about watercolor in an online class with Este MacLeod. I used to just splash paint onto my drawings, but now I can be more purposeful if I want. Here is one of the beets in today's CSA box, which I get every Wednesday afternoon. The pickup point is someone's front porch in East Sacramento. Whenever I go there's rarely anyone else around -- just a stack of boxes and some flowers in a bucket. I transfer everything from my box to a bag, sign my name. and leave. I love getting to know what's fresh and growing nearby. Today it was beets, onions, little potatoes, chard,  bitter greens and strawberries. They come from Full Belly Farm

Also, don't you love that today is May 20, 2020?
Love,
k

Add caption



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.