Nov 1, 2019

Imagine orange

Written last night: 
Dear Friends,
Halloween is not supposed to be relaxing, but mine was. 
🎃Take Zing! to Tony
🎃Walk the mile across I Street Bridge to Burgers & Brew in West Sacramento (West Sac is a separate city just across the bridge.) 
🎃Relaxing lunch there with Patrick & Steph. I like the way people at tables around us are laughing and relaxed at lunchtime. We laugh too.
🎃All at once I realize it’s autumn. I decide to spend an hour cooking. That’s just enough to get lentil soup bubbling and make some gingerbread. 
🎃I am willing to share some of this with my neighbor Sandy, but she declines. She doesn’t like lentils. 
🎃She comes over with a sandwich, and helps me try some pinot noir that might be good for Thanksgiving. 
🎃She loves the gingerbread. I didn’t have time to make applesauce to go with it, but vanilla ice cream was fine. 
🎃I draw these marigolds. Imagine they are orange. Orange marigolds are the flower of Día de los Muertos, November 2. 
Happy Halloween!
Love, 
k


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.